Do you want to be more flexible in your movement? Are you seeking an effective method to stretch as far as possible without the feeling of needles attacking your muscles? Moreover, are you searching for new fool-proof routines guaranteed to keep them strong even as you go through intense activities?
If you, in any way, relate to any of these statements above, you’ll be surprised to know there is a premium stretching program that has everything you may need to achieve your goal. Making waves over the past few years since its release, Hyperbolic Stretching is jam-packed with exercises to engage and optimize your muscles to the next level.
But how accurate is it in delivering what it promises to do? Is it even legit at all? If you want to read our complete review of Hyperbolic Stretching, keep reading!
For those of you who prefer a more visual experience, here is a video review from Dr. Daniel on his YouTube channel Daniel Lopez, D.O. You can still read our article to get an overview of Hyperbolic Stretching.
What is Hyperbolic Stretching? Take a closer look at the Program Upper Lower Split Routine
The Hyperbolic Stretching Exercise program, also known by HypStretch is a comprehensive, four-week program that aims to increase flexibility and strengthen muscles.
It’s made up of small audiovisual clips and can be enjoyed anywhere and anytime. They may follow the routine in the gym, office, or even in the comforts of their home!
The HypStretch program is based on elements and techniques from the proprioceptive neural facilitation (PNF), a popular stretching technique that’s trusted by physiotherapists and fitness professionals around the world. HypStretch allows you to move freely and reach your toes without feeling restricted. If you’re a heavily active professional, be it an athlete or simply into movement-intensive hobbies like rock climbing, you even get better performance!
What Makes It Stand Out?
PNF, the basis of most HypStretch, has been proven to be the most efficient in increasing range of motion in almost unimaginable ways. Compared to regular stretching, PNF relies on stretching the target muscle until it reaches a limit. To prevent injury and further strain, the brain sends signals to the brain to relax. It involves relaxation and stretching.
The Hyperbolic Stretching program takes PNF’s key attributes and turns them into short, strategic exercises that anyone can do at their own pace. Since most of these sessions take at least eight minutes, those with busy schedules won’t need to adjust as they take up less of their time, and the flexibility has allowed them to stretch at any time of the day, morning or night.
How Acclaimed Is It?
HypStretch has garnered sizable recognition and lukewarm-at-best reception amongst the general public since it was first released a few years back. Many reviews have stated that the program improved flexibility in muscles. There have been a lot of criticisms about the program’s accuracy (which we will discuss in depth later in this article).
Some users have raised concerns about the content. However, some have pointed out that you can search the web for certain material free of charge. Regardless, the users do appreciate that HypStretch does what it’s supposed to do.
Alex Larsson, M.D. created the four-week HypStretch Program. Sc. was a former IT engineer and had to quit after suffering a neuro-muscular shutdown that affected his lower back and thighs. This was due to years of sitting in front of a computer for over 10 hours.
Following the events that took a toll on his health, Larsson spent the next six months trying to find a remedy to fully heal his muscles back to normal shape until he encountered the PNF method, coupled with stretching exercises geared towards professional-level athletes. That experience inspired him to develop a helpful program with techniques borrowed from PNF and the target audience of everyday office workers in mind.
Breaking Down the Features
The HypStretch program contains six multi-video packs, each designated for a different muscle area. As you receive the contents, it will also include a brief introduction video detailing everything you may need to know, including how the regimen will roll out, a short explainer on each of the six sub-programs, and additional tips on how to make the most of it according to your preference or schedule.
To better understand how it fully works, we’ve compiled a complete detailed list of the six video sub-programs you’ll be greeted with upon purchase. Let’s take a closer look at what each of the following offers!
- The Front Split – This series is for individuals who wish to learn how to split, but without feeling the strain. It consists of eight-minute workouts that will teach you how to stretch your hips, hip flexors and lower back while also releasing the core. Right away, you’ll learn to train your muscles to respond to increasingly intensive stretching.
- The Side Split – The Side Split series continues where the previous one ended. This time you’ll learn to split with your lower legs side to side. These exercises are designed to strengthen your pelvic floor and increase flexibility of your hip muscles, glutes and hip muscles. These routines can also help improve bladder and bowel control.
- Front Bend – This session is for people who don’t want to learn how to split. The included routines will help to increase flexibility and strength in the back muscles as well as the hamstrings. By the end of the mini-program, you may be able to master the pike pose, bend forward, and lift heavy objects without difficulties caused by back pain. Upper Lower Split Routine
- The Upper Body – This series focuses on exercises that increase the range of motion in all upper body muscle groups, as well as most lower body muscles. It also addresses the inflammation and pain along the shoulder area with the help of strategic routines to significantly lessen the discomfort. It’s ideal for both beginner athletes and experienced game players alike.
- Dyna Stretch – As the title of this sub-program cheekily suggests, Dyna Stretch involves teaching students the ways of dynamic stretching, further expanding the flexibility of – and strengthening – the lower body muscles, most notably the glutes and hip flexors. It hopes to produce a stronger lower back area and more energetic leg and thigh movements resulting in the ability to do high kicks, jumps, and flips. Dyna Stretch is an excellent option for dancers looking to increase their movement capabilities.
- The Back Bend – This series includes stretching routines that are more advanced. Going all out, it promises to maximize the power of over 85% of the body’s muscle mass by teaching students how to stand in a perfectly arched back bridge pose. Additionally, it involves strengthening the core muscles and relaxing the spine so they can do it effortlessly.
HypStretch has two versions for both men and women, so if you wish to purchase one, you must choose which one suits you according to your gender orientation. This is because muscle stretching responses in sex differ. There are however a few exercises that can be used for both.
What is the Legitimacy of Hyperbolic Stretching? Hyperbolic Stretching: Fact-checking its Claims
After we have explained what Hyperbolic Stretching is and what it does, you might be wondering if the promises of a flexible body with strong muscles sound too good to be true. We found some evidence supporting its claims, but not all, after further investigation. We are analyzing every one of its benefits and traits to find out more.
#1: It makes your body more flexible.
Most of HypStretch’s routines are based on the PNF technique. If you compare it to static stretching, PNF has advantages that are leaps ahead of the other. However, one factor that both PNF and static stretching share is flexibility.
Though HypStretch may contribute in some way to the increase of muscle flexibility, it may be less effective than regular stretching routines as we thought it would be. Some studies show that both stretching routines produce similar results in post-exercise flexibility.
#2: It increases the body’s muscle mass.
It has been shown that PNF and other stretching programs that borrow PNF techniques like HypStretch are far more effective than static stretching methods when it comes to muscle strengthening. While the results are promising, more research must be done to further prove that it can strengthen the muscles for better activity and dynamic movement.
#3: It increases your muscles’ range of motion.
PNF has also been proven to increase the muscles’ range of motion (ROM) better than static stretching methods, but did you know that it gets increasingly much better if it’s done daily at short intervals?
HypStretch’s claim of extending the muscle’s ROM has been proven to be remarkably accurate. You might see positive results if you follow the program and do eight-minute daily stretching videos. Upper Lower Split Routine
#4: It Gives You Coordination and Stability, Both Physically and Mentally.
Some of HypStretch exercises are designed to relieve pressure points. Others involve deep breathing and relaxation of the muscles tissues. It is reasonable to believe that HypStretch may give its users a sense of mental stability. Working out, in general, has produced positive effects on one’s well-being, according to numerous studies.
As for physical coordination, PNF uses increased muscle strength and optimization, resulting in steady balance and lower body coordination. HypStretch could have all-around coordination, especially when you consider its daily time allowance.
Customers have been pleased with HypStretch’s customer service and positive feedback. There have been positive reviews, as you can see on the program’s Facebook page. However, there are also many negative comments from other users who question its claims of quick results in just four weeks. It’s worth noting, though, that progress can vary from person to person and is not always linear.
The Benefits of Hyperbolic Stretching
- HypStretch helps users learn the right and correct ways to stretch and warm up their muscles.
- The majority of the video content is between eight and ten minutes in length.
- HypStretch can be difficult for anyone from beginner to advanced. The program is suitable for people with basic flexibility and athletic experience.
- The HypStretch program assures that it will always stay in style – expect to receive regular updates and new routine videos from time to time.
- You don’t need to meet with an instructor in person. All lessons can be done online, so you can do the routines from anywhere. Upper Lower Split Routine
The Cons of Hyperbolic Stretching
- Since it’s a fully virtual program, you won’t be able to receive real-life feedback from the instructor. Hyperbolic Stretch’s official facebook account is a good place to start if you want more information.
- While it may be advertised for anyone of any age, HypStretch is not fully suited for individuals suffering from chronic pain, those recovering post-operation, and those who are just beginning to stretch.
Pricing and where to buy
Hyperbolic stretching is now available for purchase at its official brand site. Here you will find more information about how it works, from Alex Larsson, the creators of it. Originally at $199, you can buy it for a limited-time discounted price of $27!
Unlike similar stretching programs that require you to pay a monthly subscription, HypStretch is a one-time commitment. So, if you want to get everything you need to know about properly stretching your muscles, look no further as it comes packed with a rich video and resources library, plus an all-access pass to the members’ area where you can watch or download them at your volition.
You’ll also receive updates throughout the year since this is a lifetime purchase. Sweet, right?
If you’re considering purchasing the program, you may soon notice a few add-on options upon checkout. A visual stretching wall chart ($12.50), with useful details for each routine, is one of the upsells. It is available in PDF format. You can print it in any size you wish and stick it on the wall where you’ll be doing the majority of the exercises. You can also view it from your device in case sticking something on the wall isn’t a viable option. Upper Lower Split Routine
A supplementary program is also available that will give you more flexibility and endurance when performing high-intensity tasks. This 60-day program costs $15.70 and is for professional athletes as well as individuals who have intermediate-to-high-level flexibility. Here, they’ll be taught how to strengthen the back and hip muscles to the fullest potential with expert-grade stretches such as v-splits.
Who is the ideal user of HypStretch
HypStretch is great for those who are active and people who have been trained in muscle stretching or strengthening. Some users might need to put in extra effort or commitment due to the nature of the exercise routines and the moderate intensity.
Generously advertised for the outgoing, active person in mind, HypStretch is a good fit for a wide range of athletes, whether professional or simply doing their passions as a hobby. HypStretch may be of interest to weightlifters and yogis as well as golfers, baseball players, and runners.
If you belong to the target demographic yet are unsure which of its mini-programs you would like to start, you may consult head first with your trainer, PT, or even your doctor before going ahead with it. Upper Lower Split Routine
Conclusion: Is HypStretch Worth a Try?
The Hyperbolic Stretching program is accurate in many ways, according to what we know. It is supported to a certain extent by numerous proven studies and genuine customer feedback.
We can’t completely ignore its share of criticisms, such as the lack of genuine testimonials and the idea that you can simply find similar tutorials online for free. It is worth looking into learning materials that you might not find elsewhere.
In conclusion, whether or not HypStretch could be a good fit for you is up to your consideration, but in our opinion, it’s a sound investment that could positively affect you in the long run. It’s a great product, so why not give it another chance?
FAQ Upper Lower Split Routine
Is there a guarantee that the Hyperbolic Stretching program is 100% money back?
Yes! If you’re not seeing the results that you’ve always desired, you’ll be glad to know that HypStretch offers a 100% money-back guarantee that lasts 60 days from the first purchase. For more details, check out its official Facebook page or e-mail Alex Larsson himself at email@example.com.
Do I need any equipment for me to follow the HypStretch routines?
The majority of HypStretch core programs don’t require weight lifting equipment. However, as you progress further to the last few sub-programs, some of their routines may need you to incorporate weights and other equipment for resistance training.
Can I incorporate some of HypStretch’s routines into my existing exercise regimen?
You most certainly can! It’s believed that if you add in some of the stretching exercises from the program before, during, or after every workout, there is a chance that it might increase the strength and capabilities of your muscles a bit further. We recommend that you still follow the one-video-per day habit to get better results.
Is HypStretch available to download and use on multiple devices?
HypStretch is available for download and export across multiple devices due to the versatility of each video exercise. It can be used on your computer or on your tablet or mobile phone. You can also follow the steps on your smart TV.