Do you want to be more flexible in your movement? Do you want to be able to stretch as far as you can without feeling like your muscles are being attacked? Moreover, are you searching for new fool-proof routines guaranteed to keep them strong even as you go through intense activities?
If any of the statements above resonate with you, you will be amazed to learn that there is a premium stretching program available that can help you achieve your goals. Hyperbolic stretching has been a huge success since its inception. It is packed with exercises that will engage and optimize your muscles.
How accurate does it deliver on its promises? Is it even legit at all? Keep reading if you’re invested in our comprehensive review of the Hyperbolic Stretching program!
If you prefer to see the process in a more visual way, Dr. Daniel has posted a video review on his YouTube channel Daniel Lopez D.O. You can still read our article to get an overview of Hyperbolic Stretching.
What is Hyperbolic Stretching? Take a closer look at the Program How To Stretch Piriformis Muscle
The Hyperbolic Stretching Exercise program, also known by HypStretch is a comprehensive, four-week program that aims to increase flexibility and strengthen muscles.
It’s made up of small audiovisual clips and can be enjoyed anywhere and anytime. They may follow the routine in the gym, office, or even in the comforts of their home!
The HypStretch regimen derives from elements and techniques used in the proprioceptive neuromuscular facilitation (PNF) method, a popular stretching method trusted by fitness experts and physiotherapists worldwide. With the help of HypStretch, you can move freely, reach your toes, and split without the feeling of straining muscles holding you back. You can even perform better if you are a professional athlete or someone who is into moving-intensive hobbies such as rock climbing.
What Makes It Stand Out?
PNF, the basis of most HypStretch, has been proven to be the most efficient in increasing range of motion in almost unimaginable ways. PNF is a different type of stretching than regular stretching. It involves stretching the target muscle to a certain limit. To prevent injury and further strain, the brain sends signals to the brain to relax. It involves relaxation and stretching.
The Hyperbolic Stretching program utilizes PNF’s key characteristics and modifies it into a series of short and strategic exercises that individuals can do in any way they like. Because most sessions last at least eight minutes, busy people won’t have to adjust. They also take up less time and allow them to stretch whenever they want.
It is a well-respected product.
HypStretch has garnered sizable recognition and lukewarm-at-best reception amongst the general public since it was first released a few years back. Many reviews have stated that the program improved flexibility in muscles. However, there have been criticisms left and right regarding the accuracy of its claims (which we’ll discuss in-depth later in the article).
There have also been issues concerning its content, in which a few have remarked that some of the material can be searched on the internet for free. Regardless, the users do appreciate that HypStretch does what it’s supposed to do.
The four-week HypStretch program is a creation of Alex Larsson, M. Sc. was a former IT engineer and had to quit after suffering a neuro-muscular shutdown that affected his lower back and thighs. This was due to years of sitting in front of a computer for over 10 hours.
Following the events that took a toll on his health, Larsson spent the next six months trying to find a remedy to fully heal his muscles back to normal shape until he encountered the PNF method, coupled with stretching exercises geared towards professional-level athletes. That experience inspired him to develop a helpful program with techniques borrowed from PNF and the target audience of everyday office workers in mind.
The Features: A Breakdown
Six multi-video packs are included in the HypStretch program, each one focusing on a different area of muscle. As you receive the contents, it will also include a brief introduction video detailing everything you may need to know, including how the regimen will roll out, a short explainer on each of the six sub-programs, and additional tips on how to make the most of it according to your preference or schedule.
To better understand how it fully works, we’ve compiled a complete detailed list of the six video sub-programs you’ll be greeted with upon purchase. Let’s take a closer look at what each of the following offers!
- The Front Split – Targeted toward individuals who want to learn how to split without the ever-inconvenient straining feeling, the Front Split series is packed with eight-minute routines that teach you how to flex the hamstrings, lower back muscles, and hip flexors while relieving the core. Right away, you’ll learn to train your muscles to respond to increasingly intensive stretching.
- The Side Split – The Side Split series continues where the previous one ended. This time you’ll learn to split with your lower legs side to side. These exercises are designed to strengthen your pelvic floor and increase flexibility of your hip muscles, glutes and hip muscles. These routines can also help improve bladder and bowel control.
- Front Bend – This session is for people who don’t want to learn how to split. The included routines will help to increase flexibility and strength in the back muscles as well as the hamstrings. The mini-program will help you to learn how to do the pike pose, bend forward, lift heavy objects, and avoid back pain. How To Stretch Piriformis Muscle
- The Upper Body – The Upper Body series covers exercises that improve the range of motion of all of the upper body’s muscle groups and most of the lower body’s. Strategic routines are used to reduce pain and inflammation in the shoulder area. This is a great option for both novice and advanced gamers.
- Dyna Stretch – As the title of this sub-program cheekily suggests, Dyna Stretch involves teaching students the ways of dynamic stretching, further expanding the flexibility of – and strengthening – the lower body muscles, most notably the glutes and hip flexors. It hopes to produce a stronger lower back area and more energetic leg and thigh movements resulting in the ability to do high kicks, jumps, and flips. Dyna Stretch is an excellent option for dancers looking to increase their movement capabilities.
- The Back Bend – This series includes stretching routines that are more advanced. It promises to increase the muscle power of more than 85% of your body’s muscles by teaching students how you can stand in an arched back bridge position. It also strengthens the core muscles and relaxes the spine to make it easy.
HypStretch offers two versions, one for men and one for women. If you want to buy one, make sure you choose the one that suits your needs. This is based on the assumption that muscle stretching responses differ in sex. There are however a few exercises that can be used for both.
What is the Legitimacy of Hyperbolic Stretching? Hyperbolic Stretching: Fact-checking its Claims
After we have explained what Hyperbolic Stretching is and what it does, you might be wondering if the promises of a flexible body with strong muscles sound too good to be true. We found some evidence supporting its claims, but not all, after further investigation. To find out more, we’re taking apart its advertised benefits or traits and analyzing each of them as much as possible.
#1: It makes your body more flexible.
The PNF technique is the basis of most routines at HypStretch. Comparing it to static stretching, you will see that PNF has many advantages. Flexibility is a common trait between PNF and static stretching.
Although HypStretch can help increase muscle flexibility in some ways, it may not be as effective as regular stretching routines. According to some studies, both stretching regimens provoke similar post-exercise flexibility results.
#2: It increases the body’s muscle mass.
It has been shown that PNF and other stretching programs that borrow PNF techniques like HypStretch are far more effective than static stretching methods when it comes to muscle strengthening. While the results are promising, more research must be done to further prove that it can strengthen the muscles for better activity and dynamic movement.
#3: It increases your muscles’ range of motion.
It has been shown that PNF can increase muscle range of motion (ROM), better than static stretching methods. But did you know it also gets better when it is done daily at short intervals.
HypStretch’s claim of extending the muscle’s ROM has been proven to be remarkably accurate. Simply put, if you consistently follow the program and commit to eight-minute daily stretching videos, you might as well receive positive results! How To Stretch Piriformis Muscle
#4: It Gives You Coordination and Stability, Both Physically and Mentally.
Some of HypStretch exercises are designed to relieve pressure points. Others involve deep breathing and relaxation of the muscles tissues. It is reasonable to believe that HypStretch may give its users a sense of mental stability. Working out, in general, has produced positive effects on one’s well-being, according to numerous studies.
PNF improves physical coordination by optimizing muscle strength. This results in steady balance and lower body coordination. With that being said, especially considering its daily time allowance, HypStretch may have a strong chance of giving users all-around coordination.
Customers have been pleased with HypStretch’s customer service and positive feedback. However, while there have been credible reviews – as seen on the program’s official Facebook page – there are also generous criticisms from other users that question its promise of fast results in four weeks. However, it is worth noting that progress can vary between people and is not always linear.
The Pros of Hyperbolic Stretching
- HypStretch teaches users the correct and accurate ways of stretching and warming up the body’s muscles.
- The majority of the video content is between eight and ten minutes in length.
- HypStretch’s difficulty level can range between amateur to intermediate. This means individuals with athletic experience or basic flexibility may use the program to improve and expand their muscles’ capabilities.
- HypStretch is a program that will never go out of style. You can expect regular updates and new routine videos.
- You don’t need to meet with an instructor in person. All lessons can be done online, so you can do the routines from anywhere. How To Stretch Piriformis Muscle
The Cons of Hyperbolic Stretching
- Since it’s a fully virtual program, you won’t be able to receive real-life feedback from the instructor. Hyperbolic Stretch’s official facebook account is a good place to start if you want more information.
- While it may be advertised for anyone of any age, HypStretch is not fully suited for individuals suffering from chronic pain, those recovering post-operation, and those who are just beginning to stretch.
Pricing and Where to Purchase
Hyperbolic stretching is now available for purchase at its official brand site. Here you will find more information about how it works, from Alex Larsson, the creators of it. It was originally priced at $199. Now, it’s only $27!
Unlike similar stretching programs that require you to pay a monthly subscription, HypStretch is a one-time commitment. So, if you want to get everything you need to know about properly stretching your muscles, look no further as it comes packed with a rich video and resources library, plus an all-access pass to the members’ area where you can watch or download them at your volition.
You’ll also receive updates throughout the year since this is a lifetime purchase. Sweet, right?
If you’re considering purchasing the program, you may soon notice a few add-on options upon checkout. One of those upsells is a visual stretching wall chart ($12.50) with helpful details for every routine. Available in PDF format, you can print it out in whatever size you like and stick them on the wall of your preferred place where you will do most of the exercises. It can be viewed from your smartphone or tablet if sticking to the wall is not an option. How To Stretch Piriformis Muscle
A supplementary program is also available that will give you more flexibility and endurance when performing high-intensity tasks. This 60-day program costs $15.70 and is for professional athletes as well as individuals who have intermediate-to-high-level flexibility. Here, they’ll be taught how to strengthen the back and hip muscles to the fullest potential with expert-grade stretches such as v-splits.
Who Is the Ideal User of HypStretch?
HypStretch is great for those who are active and people who have been trained in muscle stretching or strengthening. Some users might need to put in extra effort or commitment due to the nature of the exercise routines and the moderate intensity.
Generously advertised for the outgoing, active person in mind, HypStretch is a good fit for a wide range of athletes, whether professional or simply doing their passions as a hobby. Dancers, weightlifters, yogis, golfers, basketball heads, baseball players, runners, and many more may find most of HypStretch’s content very useful.
If you belong to the target demographic yet are unsure which of its mini-programs you would like to start, you may consult head first with your trainer, PT, or even your doctor before going ahead with it. How To Stretch Piriformis Muscle
Conclusion: Is HypStretch worth a try?
The Hyperbolic Stretching program is accurate in many ways, according to what we know. It is supported to a certain extent by numerous proven studies and genuine customer feedback.
We can’t completely ignore its share of criticisms, such as the lack of genuine testimonials and the idea that you can simply find similar tutorials online for free. However, there are some learning materials worth exploring that you may not easily find anywhere else, so it may be worth a shot.
In conclusion, whether or not HypStretch could be a good fit for you is up to your consideration, but in our opinion, it’s a sound investment that could positively affect you in the long run. It’s a great product, so why not give it another chance?
FAQ How To Stretch Piriformis Muscle
Does the Hyperbolic Stretching program come with a money-back guarantee?
Yes! If you’re not seeing the results that you’ve always desired, you’ll be glad to know that HypStretch offers a 100% money-back guarantee that lasts 60 days from the first purchase. For more details, check out its official Facebook page or e-mail Alex Larsson himself at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Do I need any equipment for me to follow the HypStretch routines?
The majority of HypStretch core programs don’t require weight lifting equipment. As you move on to the sub-programs however, you may be required to use weights or other equipment to resistance train.
Are there any ways to incorporate HypStretch’s workouts into an existing exercise program?
Yes, you can. It’s believed that if you add in some of the stretching exercises from the program before, during, or after every workout, there is a chance that it might increase the strength and capabilities of your muscles a bit further. We recommend that you still follow the one-video-per day habit to get better results.
Is HypStretch available to download and use on multiple devices?
HypStretch is available for download and export across multiple devices due to the versatility of each video exercise. It can be used on your computer or on your tablet or mobile phone. You can also follow the steps on your smart TV.